About GeM Cakes
Welcome to GeM Custom Cakes, a boutique cake shop, offering high-end custom cakes made
with the best quality ingredients and no artificial flavours. Everything that comes out of our
kitchen is made from scratch!
Owned and operated by cake designer Gordana Mihajlovic, who has trained with master cake
artists including Nicholas Lodge and Colette Peters, the shop has been creating custom designed
wedding, birthday, sculpted and specialty cakes in the Hamilton and Niagara Regions for over 20
Gordana Mihajlovic, is a professionally trained cake designer and instructor, with over 25 years
of experience in the industry. What started out as a hobby, has now become a full-time passion.
Gordana shares her decades of experience by crafting unique wedding creations, kids’ birthday
cakes, and other custom celebration cakes. She has dedicated herself to gaining new knowledge
and skills, and to keeping on top of new decorating techniques and methods by learning from
world-renowned cake artists such as Nicholas Lodge and Colette Peters. From the more
traditional to the topsy-turvy designs, Gordana’s novelty and originality fuels her competitive
edge. She loves a challenge and invites everyone to share their ideas in order to create the perfect
masterpiece for her clients’ special day!
Gordana has also been sharing her knowledge and expertise as a Cake Decorating Instructor
since 2002. If interested in learning her craft she teaches through the Mohawk College
Continuing Education programs, but also offers personalized individual and group classes. For
more information email here.
● Topsy Turvy Cakes, with Colette Peters, Chicago, US
● Sculpt a Cake with Colette Peters, Chicago, US
● Miniature Cakes Workshop with Michelle Bommarito, New York
● Designer Cakes Certificate, Bonnie Gordon College, Toronto
● Baking and Buttercream, Bonnie Gordon School, Toronto
● Haute Couture with James Rosselle and Marina Sousa, Icing Inspirations, Kitchener
● Certificate of Sugar Artistry Course, The International School of Sugar Arts, Atlanta, Georgia
● Intro to Sugar Artistry, Diploma, The Wilton School of Cake Decorating, Woodridge, Illinois
● Certificate of Completion Cake Decorating Level 1, 2 and 3, Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON
● Certificate of Training, Wilton Method Instructor Training Seminar, Toronto, ON
Ultimate Gum Paste Flowers
WITH CHEF NICHOLAS LODGE
Chef Nicholas Lodge is one of the foremost Master Cake Artists in the world. He has been sharing his knowledge and skills through classes, books, and DVDs for over 35 years.
Nicholas became Principal Wedding Cake Designer at Woodnutts, one of England's top sugar art schools. There he created cakes for high-end London hotels, including Claridges, The Ritz, and The Savoy.